Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Updates!

Recently we found out our little Lillie has Vesicoureteral Reflux. Google it. : ) Usually your kidneys drain into your bladder...the end. But with the reflux some of the urine comes back up into the kidneys and can cause infections and eventually scarring and more scary things. But we seem to have found out in time, her kidneys seem good. They grade the reflux on a scale of 1 to 5. 5 being the worst. She is a 3. So they are giving her a 50/50 chance of it correcting itself as she grows. So in the mean time, she is on daily medication to prevent an infection and we are going back in six months to retest to see if she has had any improvement. So I just wanted to keep all of our family and friends updated on how she is! She is doing great!


Also an update on McKenzi. I heard today from my sister-in-law that she is doing great, they have her on some medication and they will be watching her closely and hoping for the best! So thanks to everyone for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers! It really works!!

2 comments:

Cortney said...

I'm so realieved...that is good news! Hope that you're having a good week and we'll see you on Saturday!

Krazy Keetch's said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your little one, but I'm glad it's getting under control!

And yes, I do blame Ed for Brianna's craziness. He was the one that taught her to jump off the roof of his house into the swimming pool..sweeeet. I'm looking forward to seeing what other things he has passed on to her. I bet he is just watching and loving every second of it!